Our Commitment to You
To make certain our working relationship is a successful one, we should agree on certain standards and commitments to each other from the outset. Below is a list of our commitment to you as your business development consultants:
- We will think of your business as if it were our own and act only with its best interests in mind. Our only job is to make your business more valuable. That means helping you implement strategies that increase your profits, add greater control to your business systems and in the process improve your lifestyle. So you can be assured of results like these, we will only advise you to consider and implement strategies we would in fact be willing to do if your business were actually ours.
- In working toward that aim, we will be completely open, honest and up-front with you in everything we do for and with you.
- We will analyze your business using proven techniques, software and strategies designed to maximize the possible results for your business. And we will continue our education so we can always be able to offer you more.
- We will be 100% truthful and realistic when discussing the profit improvement potential of your business and the work required to get you there.
- Having been caught up in the day-to-day operation of a business, many business people do not have a clear vision for the future, which can create uncertainty. We will help you clarify and bring to life your vision for your business and your future - giving you a greater sense of control.
- We will map out a clear plan of action (agreed upon by you) to take you from where you are now to where you want your business to be in the next 1, 2, 3 years and beyond.
- We will continue to work with you, side-by-side as your business advisor, not just your accountant. We'll be there to offer you the ongoing support you need and additional programs to help you fully realize your goals.
- We will of course, also consider your tax planning, statutory requirements and financial matters including detailed projected Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Budgets to help keep your business on track.
- You will remain the sole judge of our performance. If there is something we've done or failed to do that you're not 100% delighted with simply let us know and we'll correct it immediately.
- We'll offer you common courtesies, such as returning your calls within 24 hours, and making sure you're aware of any fee for a particular service well before we undertake it for you.
And in return, your commitment is simple. There are really only 5 things we ask of you to ensure your own success:
- For our relationship to be truly successful and for you to achieve greater profits, we ask that you commit to this process. It's important you do that with an open and inquiring mind. Remember too, we only make suggestions that we firmly believe will help achieve your goals - your profits, your lifestyle and building a greater, more saleable asset for you.
- Constantly be willing to take the next step. During our work together, there may be times when you will think –"I can't do that," "I don't have time to do that," or "That's not what we've done before," and so on. The truth is, to reach the levels of improvement in your business and the profits you want (that are truly possible by employing the proven techniques and processes we'll be suggesting) change is very much a part of the process. So instead, we ask that you agree to think, "How can we do that," "I'll make time," and even if you have your doubts, "Let's try it." More than anything else this will contribute enormously to our ability to improve your business together.
- In working toward these aims, we ask that you too commit to being completely open, honest and up-front with us in everything we do for and with you. Open communication, even about difficult subjects, is the only way to assure our success together.
- We'll be asking you to take some time to work ON your business rather than IN it. Initially that can be challenging. As business people we are often so used to doing what we do in our businesses, that for most of us, changing that (even if its what we say we want) can be difficult. There may be certain tasks that need to be completed, certain strategies that need to be implemented. We ask that you make the time to do so.
- Understand we are a business too. Just as we'll tell you how important cash flow management is to achieving your goals, we must do the same. And so we ask you to commit to maintaining timely payments. This allows us to keep our work together on target.